Instead of detoxing or fasting, I prefer to refuel my body and refresh my senses by taking a few days off from food and just drinking blender drinks containing an abundance of organic nutrient-dense dark leafy greens, fruits, and water. During these 4 days, I am ONLY drinking Green Smoothies and eating fruit! YOU'RE WELCOME TO JOIN ME!
4-DAY GSC - Sun Feb 26 thru Wed Feb 29:
- Regenerate, Reactivate, and Restore the body, mind, and spirit NOW!
- Allow yourself this time to disconnect from cable TV, newspapers, radio, outside opinions, and material things
- Connect with nature, feel the movement of energy, the Universe within, and what is truly important to you
- Get rid of brain fog and discover clarity. (By the way, my current tools of inspiration are Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself - Dr Joe Dispenza, and Music for the Mozart Effect - Don Campbell.)
- Allow the digestive system to receive a well deserved rest. Since drinking a blended drink requires much less energy, more energy is now available for regeneration!
- A basic Green Smoothie is usually 60% organic fruit, 40% organic dark leafy greens (no starchy vegetables or additives), and 2 cups water (or young Thai coconut water) mixed together in a blender. You will find recipes on this blog to get you started.
- Be aware that combining starchy vegetables with fruits can cause gas in the intestines
- Dark leafy greens are the only food group that helps digest other foods through stimulating the secretion of digestive enzymes - so greens can be combined with any other foods - from Victoria Boutenko
- And if you are not used to consuming large quantities of raw organic fruit and dark leafy greens, it is possible you may feel worse to begin with - which is a good sign that your body is doing some house cleaning!
- During the last 4 days of February, drink as many blenders full of Green Smoothie as you want, and supplement by eating fresh fruit only, that is if you feel the need
- Each day I will post my Green Smoothie recipes, let you know how I am feeling, and share new awarenesses as they come
- Final note to consider: Instead of relying on the words of others (myself included), why not have your own personal experience of Green Smoothies with this Challenge? Join me starting Sunday Feb 26 - pay close attention to how your body responds - and discover if drinking Green Smoothies is the right fit for you!
- Questions? Need support? Want to share your recipes or experiences? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to contact me