My son and his family live in Ontario, Keegan is 8, and Mackenna who is 4 sang her beautiful version of the Happy Birthday song to me over the phone - a very special gift for her lucky Grannie!
So here's the result of feeling sunny, light and joyful today - a Double Orange GS - the perfect way to start out my day!
|Double Orange GS|
2 cups water
2 oranges, peeled and seeded
1 banana, peeled
1 cup Alfalfa sprouts
1 large handful Spinach
1 large chunk Ginger, peeled
1-1/2 Tbsp Chia seeds
- Adding the water, oranges, and banana to the blender first makes for easier blending if you are using a regular blender - I use a Vitamix
- To this liquid blend, add the sprouts, spinach and ginger, and blend again until smooth and creamy
- Add Chia seeds last and only blend for a few seconds
- Let GS sit in blender for 5-10 minutes while the Chia seeds absorb liquid and swell up to thicken the GS
- If blended on high speed, the Chia seeds will break into a grit that catches in your throat