Mellow mango meets zesty lime for a refreshing explosion of flavours!
2 ripe mangoes, peeled and seeded
2 cups chard
1 ripe banana, peeled
1/2 lime, with peel
- Only add a whole lime peel to a Vitamix or other high speed blender
- For a regular blender, grate the lime peel first for easier blending
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth and creamy
- A medium sized mango contains digestive enzymes that help break down protein, 3 grams of fibre for healthy digestion, and vitamin A for vision, healthy mucous membranes and skin
- A handful of chard contains 1 gram of fibre
This Green Smoothie was a good one to finish off this two-day challenge. If you joined us for this GSC, remember to contact Clive of RawBC so he can add you to the growing list of participants. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the caption "I DID IT" and your Name and City.
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth
- Always taste test for balance of flavours
- A slice of lemon (peeled) will counter too green a flavour
- A GS quickly alkalizes the body; helps build hydrochloric acid in the stomach and is a great source of protein, vitamins, minerals and fibre.
- Low stomach acidity (hypochlorhydria) is a condition that occurs when the human body is unable to produce adequate quantities of stomach acid.
- Low stomach acidity dramatically impacts digestion and absorption of most nutrients necessary for health.
- Hydrochloric acid is the only acid that our body produces.
- All other acids are by-products of metabolism & eliminated as soon as possible.