Monday, August 12, 2013

Day 1 of 7-Day GSC

Welcome to this 7-Day Green Smoothie Challenge!

After returning energized from Victoria Boutenko's Joy for Life Retreat, I was inspired to continue drinking Green Smoothies for one more week - you are welcome to join me!

For this GSC I will be consuming one blender full of Green Smoothie in a different way. Usually I drink the full blender in the morning, but for this week I am having one glass of GS around these times:  8 am, 12 noon, 4 pm, 7 pm. And eating fresh fruit as needed.
_______________________________________________________________________

This Green Smoothie was one we enjoyed on the retreat and I would like to share it with you.
 
Ginger Health GS
Yield: 1 quart

Red leaf lettuce, very large handful
1 mango, peeled and seeded
Ginger, large chunk
1 banana, peeled
2 cups purified water
1 Medjool date
  • In a blender, mix together until thick and creamy
  • To this recipe I added a date to sweeten it a bit more

Nutri-Tip:
  • Red Leaf Lettuce is an excellent source of Vitamin A for maintaining healthy mucus membranes, skin, and is essential for vision
  • And the beta-carotene in Red Leaf Lettuce aids in the conversion of Vitamin A in the body

No comments: