Saturday, August 17, 2013

Day 6 of 7-Day GSC

One more Green Smoothie recipe from the Joy for Life Retreat for you to try!

This is my variation of the recipe - instead of a banana, I added blueberries (which darken the colour).

Green Kale-doscope GS
Yield: 1 quart

1-1/2 cups kale, rib removed (combo of Red Russian kale, Curly kale, Dinosaur kale)
1 cup fresh pineapple
1 cup blueberries, frozen or fresh
3/4 cup pears, frozen or fresh
3/4 cup mango, frozen or fresh
2 cups water
  • In a blender, mix together until thick and creamy

Nutri-Tip:
  • Kale is well-known for its risk-lowering benefits for cancer
  • Kale can help regulate the body's detoxification system at a genetic level
  • The flavonoids in kale combine both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits

Follow Up:
  • This is Day 6 - and my weight is down another pound. My energy is still up (I was hiking all day yesterday) and I'm feeling really good.
  • In the past two weeks my weight is down 10 pounds. Beginning to anticipate my first meal, but I know that it will be small portions at first. 

No comments: