Top right picture shows how the Date Paste will look in the blender when you quickly mix it up at home. My blender, a Vitamix, whips this into a smooth, thick and creamy paste, but a regular blender will also do the trick.
Three of the best varieties of dates for raw food prep are medjool, khadrawi and honey dates. (Date sugar, made from dates only, is heated in the process and not considered a raw food.) I use medjool dates and love them even as a snack when in a hurry.
Maybe you are wondering what you can use the EZ Date Paste for? You can use it as a replacement for anything that calls for a liquid sweetener, like agave, honey, yacon syrup, stevia, date sugar, maple syrup, brown rice syrup, etc. But since Date Paste will be less sweet than other sweeteners, you will want to keep taste testing to find your sweetness level.
EZ Date Paste
1 cup Medjool dates, with pits removed
1/2 to 3/4 cup water
- Combine these 2 ingredients in your blender
- Mix until a smooth paste-line consistency
- Pour into a glass jar with a lid and store in fridge for at least a week
- Using only 1/2 cup of water will make it really thick
- I used 3/4 cup water for 1 cup of date paste