This GS is loaded with electrolytes from the young Thai coconut and potassium from the bananas and dandelion greens - a good one to replenish your body after a workout!
2 cups coconut mylk
2 bananas, peeled
1 bunch dandelion greens
Optional: lemon juice
- Open a young Thai coconut and pour the liquid into your blender
- Scrape the meat out of the coconut and add the meat to the blender
- When water and meat from a young Thai coconut are blended together you have coconut mylk
- After making mylk, add rest of the ingredients and blend all together
The diuretic and detoxing nature of dandelion helps to regulate hormones facilitating removal of toxins through sweat, bile and urine. Dandelion nourishes your blood and is high in potassium, which is effective in lowering blood pressure by replacing sodium.
For those times when you just want to enjoy a drink that is thick and creamy, adding an avocado will do the trick!
Blue Avocado GS
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 banana, peeled
1 large peach, peeled and seeded
2 cups water
1 avocado, peeled and seeded
- You can substitute frozen peaches when fresh peaches are not in season
- Blend fruit and water together first
- Add avocado to blender and blend all together
- Feel free to add more water as needed
Avocados contain oleic acid which lowers cholesterol, potassium to regulate blood pressure, and folate for heart health. Avocados also help absorption of carotenoids from vegetables, and contain vitamins, minerals and heart-healthy monounsaturated fat.