Dark leafy greens contain an abundance of the essential minerals, vitamins, and amino acids needed for optimum health. And the easiest way to include nutrient dense greens into our daily diet is by drinking a blender full of GREEN SMOOTHIE every day!
So what have I discovered through drinking Green Smoothies? Abundant health, increased energy, regulated weight, reduced cravings, and better digestion are just a few of the benefits!
For this recipe, any blender will do, but for the tougher, fibrous greens like kale you will find a more powerful blender gives creamier results. My blender is a Vitamix which can handle just about anything.
Raw Persimmons Pudding GS
Add ingredients to the blender in the following order:
2 cups purified water
3 cups spinach, tightly packed
1 one inch thick slice of fresh pineapple
2 persimmons, chopped
1 banana, sliced
- Place water in bottom of blender
- Add spinach (make sure measuring cup has been tightly packed)
- Slice off an inch from the top and bottom of the pineapple and throw away. Remove outside skin from pineapple with a knife, and cut a one inch thick slice. Cut this pineapple slice into cubes including the core, and add to the blender.
- Insert a small knife into the top of each persimmon around the green stem. Cut a circle about 1/2" deep to remove and throw away the stem. Chop the remaining persimmons into cubes, and add to blender.
- Remove the peel from a banana, slice, and add to blender
- Blend all together until thick, smooth, and creamy
- For a pudding - put into small bowls and serve with a spoon!
- For a drink - add an extra 1/2 to 1 cup of water, thinning to your desired consistency, blend again and serve in glasses!