The oil from Chia seeds contains a very high concentration of omega-3 fatty acid - approximately 64%. Chia seeds contain no gluten and trace levels of sodium, and when mixed with water, Chia seeds create a mucilaginous gel that helps heal the stomach lining. There are no known toxic components of Chia.
Raw Zesty Orange Chia Pudding
2 oranges, peeled and seeded
1/4 tsp (or less) orange zest, grated
2 tsp Agave
1-1/2 tsp raw carob powder (optional)
1 tsp raw cacao powder (optional)
1/4 cup Chia seeds, dry
- You can make this an orange pudding by simply omitting the carob and cacao powders
- Grate the orange peel (before peeling orange) and set aside this zest
- Place oranges in a blender and blend until you have a smooth liquid (about 1-1/2 cups)
- In a bowl mix together orange liquid, orange zest, Agave, carob and cacao powders
- Add 1/4 cup Chia seeds to bowl and blend through
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes to thicken
- Serve in dessert dishes topped with an orange slice!