But as you progress, you will begin to notice that the raw foods you prepare over and over are often the simplest! Less ingredients, purer foods, less work, a taste explosion in your mouth - all good incentives to keep going!
To me this acronym says it all - KISS (Keep It Simple Silly)! As a Raw Chef I have learned this lesson well. When a dish turned out to be a disaster, usually there were so many ingredients that I overly complicated what should have been a quick and easy meal to prepare. So here is one of my all time favourite desserts - FAST, SIMPLE and EASY - I can come home and make it up in 5 minutes or less.
Here are THREE REASONS you may want to soak all nuts and seeds before using them.
- Soaking makes nuts and seeds easier to digest.
- Nuts/seeds naturally contain enzyme inhibitors for the purpose of protecting the nuts/seeds until they have what they need to grow. Once soaked, rinse nuts/seeds well, and throw away the soak water containing the enzyme inhibitors which are very acidic to the body .
- Soaking activates a powerful germination process in the nuts and seeds.
1 or 2 fresh peaches, sliced
1/4 to 1/3 cup raw pecans (that have been soaked and dehydrated)
2 Medjool dates (soaking makes them easier to process)
pinch Himalayan salt
- Place sliced peaches in a small bowl (Optional - drizzle Agave over peaches)
- In a food processor, or mini chopper, process pecans, dates and salt
- Mixture should resemble a course crumble
- If too moist, just add a few more pecans and process again
- Crumble topping over peaches - and enjoy
- Yield: about 1 cup for one person