I did my own 2-day GSC this week - here are the recipes to share with you!
Every summer I look forward to getting out in the fields and picking an abundance of fresh, organic berries. And when frozen, this bounty lasts me through the winter with lots and lots of berries to blend with nutritient-dense dark leafy greens - Green Smoothie heaven!
And this morning as I was wondering how to use blackberries from my freezer - I found myself humming a song from the 60's (Deep Purple by Nino Temple and April Stevens) - so I just went with it and this is the result!
Deep Purple GS
2 cups water
1 cup frozen blackberries
1 banana, peeled
1/2 bunch Red Russian kale
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Adding the water and fruits to the blender first makes for easier blending
- Next add the kale and blend again until smooth and creamy
- Taste - to counter too green a flavour, simply add lemon juice or a slice of a peeled and seeded lemon
This is a good one to finish off this month's Green Smoothie Challenge!
Parsley Pudding GS
1 large bunch Italian Parsley
2 large Mango, peeled and seeded
1 large Pear, stem removed
2 cups water
- In a blender mix all ingredients together
- The result will be very thick
- For a pudding that is less sweet simply use one mango
- Pour into a bowl and serve with a spoon - very filling