Monday, June 11, 2012

Raw Caesar Avocado Salad

Today I was out of the ingredients for my favourite Caesar salad dressing. But I found this variation, from the I Am Grateful book, which uses avocado and decided to give it a try. So I tested it out and here is my modified version.

Raw Caesar Avocado Salad
Yield:  about 1 cup dressing

1 clove garlic, pressed
1/2 tsp white Miso (optional, may not be gluten-free)
1/2 avocado, about 1/2 cup
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
pinch cayenne pepper
  • Wash and dry 1 head Romaine lettuce and tear into bite-size pieces
  • Place Romaine in a large bowl with raw croutons (if you have some)
  • In a blender mix all dressing ingredients together until smooth
  • Pour dressing over Romaine, mixing till well coated
  • Sprinkle with your own homemade version of parmesan (from nuts) and enjoy!

No comments: