Sunday, December 16, 2012

Raw Yam Hummus

Today I have been playing in the kitchen (do we every grow up?) So far I have marinated veggies, flaked coconut meat, and either crackers, bread, or pizza crust in the dehydrator (at this point not sure which)!

The last thing I made was hummus from yams, which have an orange flesh. I had a general idea, but since the recipe was nowhere to be found it was time to get creative. Here is the result for you to try. I didn't write down what I was doing until the end, so these measurements are my best guess. 

Raw Yam Hummus
Makes about 1 cup
1 yam, peeled and cubed
1 clove garlic
1 Tbsp raw tahini
olive oil, maybe 1 Tbsp
lemon juice, 1 Tbsp or more
1 tsp gluten-free Tamari
maybe 1/8 cup water
less than 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
less than 1/2 tsp ground cumin
less than 1/2 tsp ground coriander
3 shakes cayenne pepper
  • Mix all ingredients in a food processor until smooth
  • Adding chopped cilantro or parsley would be a nice addition
  • Serve in a bowl surrounded with raw crackers and enjoy!
  •  

No comments: