These were one of the snacks I made for the Seed Savers meeting this week and since they didn't last long (they were gobbled up really fast) I needed to make another batch for myself.
I wondered if there was any value in sharing this - but then again why not? Even though this recipe was originally called Raw Coconut Bites, I felt like changing it into to something new.
Each time I make a recipe (whether an old standby or a new experiment) I'm in a different space with different ideas that are just waiting to be tried and tested. From there the recipes seem to evolve . . . like this one did!
Peanut Butter-Coconut Bites
Yield: 30-1" bites
1-3/4 cups coconut flakes (shredded)
1/2 cup raw carob powder
1/8 tsp Vanilla powder
pinch of Himalayan salt
1/3 cup Agave
2 Tbsp peanut butter (raw organic and definitely not roasted)
1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- Start by melting the coconut oil (either heat in a dehydrator, or melt in a jar sitting in a bowl of warm water)
- Mix ingredients to underline together in a bowl, set aside
- Mix together the Agave and peanut butter in a measuring cup BEFORE adding to the bowl
- When first 6 ingredients are combined, add melted coconut oil to the bowl and mix again
- Form into bite-sized balls with your hands
- Put in fridge to set, store covered in the fridge, or store inside freezer bags in the freezer