I just made the most deliciously thick green smoothie pudding - courtesy of Valya Boutenko - definitely going back to Safeway for more persimmons!
5 very large strawberries
2-3 stalks wild celery, with leaves
(I used regular celery, but since I love wild celery which is more nutritious and tastier, I'll go to the Abbotsford Farmers Market this Saturday for the wild version.)
- Remove top and seed from persimmon and discard, place remaining persimmon in a blender
- Add strawberries and banana to blender
- If using a Vitamix you will want to use the tamber. Omitting water thickens a green smoothie into a pudding.
- When fruit is mixed thoroughly, add celery, one stalk at a time
- Blend till smooth and pour into dessert dishes - Fast, Easy and Delish!