- Chia seeds contain 20% protein, 34% oil, 25% dietary fibre (mostly soluble that binds with fatty acids and prolongs stomach emptying time so that sugar is released and absorbed more slowly)
- The oil from Chia seeds contains a very high concentration of Omega-3 fatty acid - approximately 64% - and Chia is gluten-free!
OMEGA PUDDINGYield: 3/4 cup
1 Tbsp Chia seeds1/4 cup water
2 large Calimyrna Figs, chopped
- Soak Chia seeds in 1/4 cup water for 15 minutes - till it thickens into a gel
- Soak Figs separately in enough water to cover for 15 minutes, and save soak water
- Blend banana and figs in a blender, adding a bit of fit soak water if necessary
- Stir blender mixture into the gelled Chia seeds, mixing thoroughly - and enjoy!