Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Local Organic Berries

My first day back from holidays - and I was in the fields picking berries!


For local ORGANIC blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries I like to go to Warketin farm located on Harris Road on the way to Mission. Call Damon at 604-302-4968 for directions and crop availability.

Today I picked nearly 20 pounds of succulent fruit - blackberries so plump they almost fell off the vines, strawberries to make your mouth water, and sweet juicy plums that I have already eaten!

At home, I just rinse the berries in cool water, lay on a towel to dry a bit, and spread on trays in the freezer till semi frozen. Then they go in ziploc bags into the freezer, ready for use in green smoothies and desserts during the winter months!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ѕeems to be somе aсtuаllу goοԁ details.


Τhanκs to the ѕubmit!
Thаnκs
Petе Τongκat
my web site > oxiracetam