Insoluble fibre passes through our intestines largely intact - while soluble fibre prolongs stomach emptying time and may affect blood sugar levels as sugar is released and absorbed more slowly.
Mello Collards GS
Yield: 1 quart
1 cup Collard greens, rib removed
1 cup Ataulfo mango, fresh or frozen
1 pear, fresh
2 cups water
- In a blender, mix together until thick and creamy
- Mango and pear mellow out the stronger taste of Collard greens in this GS
- A perfect example of the simplicity of Green Smoothies - no additives required!
- Collard greens are packed with nutrition and provide anti-cancer properties
- An excellent source of vitamins B6 and C, carotenes, chlorophyll, and manganese, one cup of Collard greens provides more than 70% of the daily requirement for vitamin C.
- This is Day 4 - and when I borrowed a scale to weigh myself I discovered my weight is down 8 pounds (but this is my second week of Green Smoothies). Snacks - Kelp fronds, Mango pudding (1 banana, 1 mango, 1 date)